Julio Lozada Foundation Scholarship Application
Three scholarships in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to graduating high school students on their way to college or post-secondary technical program to pursue a two-year or four-year degree. Scholarship funds will be disbursed in two equal payments at the start of the fall and spring semesters, contingent on compliance with the criteria below:
- Applicants must be high school seniors admitted to an accredited college or technical school in the following academic year.
- Applicants must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Applicants must show financial need.
- Scholarship recipients must make a commitment of 40 hours of community work within their first year. These hours may include work for the Foundation.
- Scholarship recipients will represent the Foundation honorably and respectfully, subject to forfeiting funds.
- Scholarship recipients will be encouraged to become part of the Foundation throughout their higher education studies and beyond.
Scholarship application process:
- Fill out the application form online.
- Provide a personal statement (300 words) explaining academic goals.
- Provide pay stub, tax return, or other proof of income.
- Come in for an interview with two board members of the Foundation.
- Provide two Two or more recommendation letters (e.g., teachers, principals, counselors, coaches, mentors, or current employer).
- High school transcripts.
How scholarships are awarded:
Scholarships will be granted based upon the guidelines established by the Julio Lozada Foundation, and upon the review and evaluation of applications by the board members.